Breeze is the leading digital platform for disability insurance. We sell policies both direct to consumer and through our network of insurance agents with our own proprietary technology that helps speed up the quoting, application, and underwriting processes. We're on a mission to make income protection easier and more affordable for working Americans. We’re looking for someone to join our high growth team to help us reach the next hundred thousand Breeze policy holders.
About the Position:
The Head of Distribution is responsible for building out the third-party distribution channel at Breeze. This sales leader will use their industry experience and strong relationships to create new partnerships with national and independent marketing organizations (NMOs / IMOs) and brokerage general agencies (BGAs) to distribute and sell disability income and other insurance products provided through Breeze.
This role is both strategic and hands-on, as the sales executive will leverage the success of the direct channel and proprietary technology platform to develop a compelling value offering for distribution partners. The Head of Distribution will initially assist in all aspects of distribution partner recruiting, onboarding and growth to achieve overall adoption and sales growth.
Your Responsibilities Would Be:
- Recruit new distribution relationships with NMOs, IMOs and Agencies through outbound calls, emails, texts, virtual meetings and face-to-face meetings
- Drive sales through National Accounts and Agencies by increasing the adoption and usage of the Breeze platform and product offerings
- Develop sales and marketing plans with National Accounts and Agencies to forecast sales growth in near term
- Create sales incentives and marketing programs aligned with KPIs to reward top performing National Accounts, Agencies, Agents and Advisors
- Provide resources and training to the field force to help them promote the importance of income protection and Breeze's products
- Productively work together and partner with other team members in troubleshooting issues that may arise
- Maintain consistent follow up with distribution partners to establish rapport, maintain interest and effectively manage relationships
- Attend relevant industry events on a regular basis to create brand awareness and partnership opportunities
The Preferred Candidate:
- Has several years of distribution relationship management at the national account or large agency level for life, accident or health insurance sales within a carrier, BGA and/or IMO
- Experience hiring and managing a team of internal and/or external sales professionals
- Has a competitive nature to exceed expectations and an entrepreneurial mindset
- Is well-versed with modern technology and loves learning new systems and processes
- Will utilize CRM to effectively manage contacts, leads, opportunities and relationships
- Is extremely organized and communicates well both written and verbally
- Is a self-starter and can work with little direction
- Enjoys working virtually or face-to-face when needed
- Is a creative problem solver and embraces change